Lemon - Fruit muffin with coconut oil

Today is the first day of Summer! It's nice to celebrate it with a fresh tasting, fruity muffin!

I don't really post recipes, but I have to share this one, because it turned out so tasty! Usually, my way of baking is throwing some ingredients into a bowl and mixing them, not really remembering how I did it......This time I wrote all the measurements down, so I can recreate the recipe. Being a huge fan of coconut oil (we go through buckets of that stuff - that's the only thing I use as lotion, face cream and hair oil), I use it a lot for baking. It makes my desserts more fluffy and, even though they have a hint of coconut scent, coconut oil does not make them taste like coconut.

Here is the ingredient list for the muffin mix:
1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of rolled oats
1/2 cup of brown sugar
4 tbsp of liquid honey
2 eggs
1/4 tsp of salt
2 1/2 tsp of baking powder
2 tbsp of lemon juice
1/2 cup of soft coconut oil

Fruits to be mixed in with a spoon:
zest of 1 lemon
1 cup of frozen cranberries cut in half
3/4 cup of frozen raspberries
1/4 cup of raisins

Mix all the ingredients with a hand-held mixer, mix in the fruits and lemon zest with a spoon and divide into 12 muffin liners.

I baked my muffins at 350 for 30 minutes, but baking time might vary depending on what kind of oven you have. Enjoy and let me know how they turn out! XO

Lemon zest

Preparing my fruits that will go into the muffin mix

Mixing my frozen fruits and lemon zest in with a spoon

My muffins are ready to go into the oven

I baked them for 30 minutes, or till golden brown

Enjoy!

Comments